Friday, October 30, 2009

BRIEF EXPLANATORY POST

This blog was intended to comprise a few principal items: MUSIC, AND HOW IT HAS RELATED TO THE MANY ASPECTS OF MY PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL LIFE. This would include my involvement in training to be a music teacher; my career as a piano player, bandleader, composer/songwriter, entertainer and educator. Underlying all of this is my background at various stages of my personal life. A principal ingredient is intended to be HUMOR, deriving from my family, friends and professional acquaintances.

I am writing this short piece to explain that the element of MUSIC will have its principal inclusion here, dealing with things that happened in my musical life from the time I started music study at POTSDAM STATE TEACHER COLLEGE (now designated as SUNY at POTSDAM.) For all intents and purposes, my entrance to Potsdam after World War II is the point at which this Post will lean toward music and musical experiences.

Because my young life tended to be bizarre, with my propensities for indulging in life-threatening activities AND some unusual aspects of those early years, I'll be including quite a few anecdotes which relate.

For any readers whose interests may mainly lie with musical things, I urge you to be patient for a bit. I have many strong opinions about music and the music profession, and will be expressing them. I hope you will keep reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment